Travel grants up to $2,500 are available to undertake research between August 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019 with UF’s Special and Area Studies Collections. Proposals are due Friday, June 1, 2018 with award notifications expected the week of July 1, 2018.
Judging criteria includes prioritization for interdisciplinary research and/or use of more than one collection, and proposals that support a feasible and tangible publication (e.g., an article, dissertation or book chapter). Awardees must travel 100 miles or farther to be eligible.
This year, in addition to the general travel grants, specific travel funds have been earmarked for proposals relating to the following areas:
- Constitutional studies and/or the legal profession in Florida
- The American era of the Panama Canal, the Panama Canal Zone and Panama Canal Museum materials (http://cms.uflib.ufl.edu/pcmc/index.aspx)
- Melvin J. Fregly (http://www.library.ufl.edu/spec/archome/fregly.htm) Please direct submissions to Florence M. Turcotte (firstname.lastname@example.org).
These must include:
- Title and description of proposed project (approx. 500 words), identifying relevant materials for consultation
- Budget estimate for travel, lodging and other expenses including:
– Transportation costs to and from Gainesville
– Housing costs for a maximum of two weeks
- Statement affirming applicant’s commitment to submit a report at the end of the residency, including permission to use the report for promotions
- CV or résumé
- Name, postal address, telephone number, and a valid email address
Awardees must use our collections onsite and submit a report (approx. 500 words) describing the research visit by the end of their residency (June 30, 2019). Distribution of award occurs after submission of report and payment paperwork. Dates of research should be coordinated with appropriate curators.
QUESTIONS? If you have questions about the suitability of your proposal, or need information on any aspect of the program, please contact Flo Turcotte by phone (352-273-2767) or email (email@example.com).